Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Matador


Okay, so I met some friends for HH on Friday (aka Harry and Ron) ;)

Anyway, we went to this fabulous tapas place called Matador. They have half priced Sangria, Draft Beer and Tapas from 5-8. Definitely worth checking out as there were 5 of us and we were there for a good 3 hours or so and the bill was just over $100. And we ate and had drinks AND food. It was great. Anyway, definitely worth checking out if you need a good HH place downtown (Greenwich Ave at Perry St). Additional info here. Also, there is this pub across the street that reminds of Hogsmeade (HP fans!), but I can't remember the name. What I DO remember is thinking "why is it that when you go downtown, a pub turns into a total scene?" I mean seriously everyone was dressed up as if they were going out clubbing or to a nice dinner or something. We are in a PUB for cryin out loud. Please people. Obviously I was in a T-shirt and flip flops-it was Friday work attire. Needless to say that after HH (a few sangrias, a few beers) and the pub (a few more beers, maybe a shot or two) I had no problem standing in the rain trying to catch a cab or singing the Harry Potter theme (or attempting to, rather) in the cab on the way to the NEXT bar uptown. I think I was home around 4am (or so I was told). I love NYC! Mom and Dad, I hope you're ready :)

No comments: